Here we are going to learn everything about Google Drive, whatever you need to know about it, and about How to use google drive.
- What is google drive?
- How to access google drive
- How to use google drive.
- Importance And Benefits of the google drive.
- Secret tricks of google drive.
What is google drive
Google Drive is a so much useful product of google. Google Drive is a cloud-based storage service of google. It allows us to save our data, files, images, and other all types of documents on its cloud storage rather than our smartphone, computer. We can access our files anywhere and don’t need to carry them everywhere. Google Drive is a reliable and secure online storage to store our data and files because it’s a Google product.
How to access google drive
To access google drive you must have a Google/Gmail account from which you will be able to sign in to google and can access google drive. Just go to google.com and click on sign in, enter your ID and password and sign in to your google account.
After signing in to your google account on the top right there will be 9 dots click on it you will find all other google products. Click on the drive and you will be redirected to your google drive. In your free basic plan, you will get 15 GB of storage, you can use it to save your document, files, images, movies. You can save and edit any type of document here.
We get 15 GB of free storage but if you want more storage then you can take a paid plan at a nominal cost. On the left side you can see the storage option here you can see how much storage you have used and can increase your storage. Click on buy storage to buy other different paid plans of 100GB, 2TB, and others you can take any as per your requirement.
How to use google drive
We have learned what is google drive and how to access google drive, now we will learn how to use google drive step by step =>
How To Use Google Drive On Laptop Or Computer
New – Sign into your google account and open google drive on the left side the first option is new, when you click on new you can find some options. You can also access these options by right click on any empty place.
- Folder – here you can add a new folder in your google drive to save different types of files in it.
- File upload – you can upload any type of new file from here it can be a document, image, or media file, or movies.
- Folder upload – Like file upload here you can upload the whole folder at once.
- Google docs – here you can create a new word document.
- Google sheets – here you can create a new google excel sheet.
- Google slides – here you can create a new slide presentation.
- Google forms – here you can create a new google form.
- More – here you can access some more amazing features of google drive
- Google Drawing – here you can access the new google drawing sheet and create a drawing.
- Google my maps – here you can add any new map location.
- Google sites – here you can create any new google site.
- Google app script – here you can access a new script page where you can write functions to your app or game.
- Google jam board – here you can access to new google jam board and work on it.
- Connect more apps – here you can add some other apps and features to your google drive.
- ZIP extractor – from this feature you can access any new zip file and extract it.
My drive – Second option on the left side is my drive here you can see your all current files and documents. You can also edit your documents anytime whenever you want.
Shared with me – here you can see your all shared files and documents.
Recent – here you can check your all recently uploaded, created, and edited files, documents, images, and other media files.
Stared – If you use google drive on daily basis or for any business purpose then you can have so many files and documents on it. If you want to find your important files and documents easily from them then you can star mark on your important files and see them here with one click.
Trash – Next option on the left side is trash, whenever you delete any file or document from your google drive it doesn’t delete permanently. It is stored in the trash and if you have deleted any file accidentally or you want to restore it, so you can store it again from the trash.
Note – Google has changed its policy about trash before these changes of your files could be saved here for a long time but now as per the new policy your files will be deleted permanently from the trash after 30 days.
Storage – Last option on the left side is storage here you can see your used and remaining storage and if you want to upgrade your storage plan so click on buy storage and buy a new plan.
The next part is how to use google drive is how to search in google drive.
If you want to search any file or document in the drive then you can find a search bar search in the drive on the top side. Click on it and you can find any file or document by its type, owner, location, last modified date, and many other options.
In how to use google drive now we will move to the right side.
- Name icon – On the top right side first option is your name icon where you can manage your account or sign out.
- 9 Dot – Next option is 9 dot here you can access other Google products.
- Setting – Next you find the setting icon here you will find two options
- Get drive for desktop – from here you can download google drive for your desktop so you can directly work on the drive from your computer without opening your browser.
- Keyboard shortcut – here you can find shortcuts to work fast.
- Question mark? – In the question mark section you will find 5 options
- Help- from here you can search any topic related to drive and get help.
- Training – from here you can read articles from google related to google drive which is written for training and learning.
- Updates – From here you can find news updates related to google drive.
- Terms and policy – By clicking on terms and policy you can read Google policy regarding drive usage.
- Send feedback – From here you can share your experience and suggestion about the usage of google drive.
- (i) Button- when you click on (i) you will find two options
- Details – here you can find details of any file or document like type, location, owner, last modified and other.
- Activity- in the activity section, you can find your recent activity in google drive like newly created, updated, uploaded, and modified files and documents.
- The next option left side of the (i) icon is
- View section – Here you can change the view of your files. you can select a grid view or list view.
- Calendar – In the right corner you can find a calendar to find a date or set some important work or mark on any date.
- Keep – here you can keep any kind of notes to remember.
- Tasks – from here you can access your all open tasks at one place to switch or continue your work.
When you right-click on a file or document it shows some options there and the same options are on the right side top in the (i) icon row lets understand how to use google drive’s these all features one by one =>
- Preview – Here you can see a preview of any file or document. If you have created any document and if you want to check how it will look when you will send this file to someone so for checking any mistake you can use this feature.
- Open with – In this option you can open any document with
- google docs-if you have any file in PDF or any read-only format then you can open it in google docs and it will be in an editable form where you can edit, delete, add and remove any content in it.
- Zip extractor– with a zip extractor you can extract any zip file.
- PDF reader– if you have any file or document in PDF format and you want to read it then you can open it in a PDF reader.
- Share – It is a share option where you can share your document and files with others. select file right-click on it and click on share. Here fill receiver email id then text or information. You can edit receivers permissions in the editor in viewer option that person will be able to see that file but will not be able to edit or modify and in the editor, he will be able to organize, add and edit files.
If you like our How to use google drive post and want to read Ultimate Guide-How To Create Facebook Account, How To Use Facebook For Free click on the link.
- Get link – In the get link option you can generate a link of any document or file so you don’t have to send the whole file to anyone just send the file link and the person will be able to access the file. This function is most useful when we are going to share or send some important and confidential data or files.
- Add shortcut to drive – This function is useful if you have a file on the drive and you use its data in many documents or at many places in the drive but you don’t want to open it at its original place again and again to access its data then you can create or add its shortcut at many places in the drive.
- Move to – From this you can move any data, file, or document from one place to another place or in any other folder. If you have lots of files and you want to arrange them in different folders then you can create different folders and move files in them.
- Add to stared – This is useful when you want quick access to files. If you have some important data, files, or any type of document and you don’t want to search them in all drive files then you can star mark them and access all-star marked files in one place easily.
- Rename – In this you can rename any file or document.
- View details – In view details you can check details of any document like type, size, owner, last modified, date, and all.
- Make a copy – If you want to create a copy of any file or document then you can create here.
- Report abuse – If you think any file or option is not working well or violating policies then you can report it.
- Download – Here you can download any file or document and save it to your computer or on the smartphone.
- Remove – From here you can remove any file or document.
Here we have covered all about how to use google drive on the computer now we will learn how to use google drive on android or on iPhone
How To Use Google Drive On Android Or On IPhone
Nowadays we are getting inbuilt google drive with google apps on our smartphones, if you don’t have then you can go to google play store or Apple app store, search google drive, and download google drive from there. After downloading google drive open it and sign in with the same Gmail ID which you use on the computer to access google drive or with which you have signed in to your phone.
- Sorting – The first option is sorting you can sort the file by name or date and size.
- View – On the right side, there is a view option you can change the view of files to grid or list view.
- when you click on 3 lines shown on top left side new widow will be shown here you see your recent files and activity, trash file and others
- When you are in the drive then on the right bottom in the file section you will find the same interface shown in the image. Here you can see all files stored in your google drive.
- Share – beside files icon there is people icon, here you can see your shared files and documents.
- In the Star icon, you can see your star marked files.
- When you click on the + symbol you will find create a new window where you can add a new file, folder, sheets, and all.
- When you click on 3 dots shown the right side of every file you will see the same option which we have discussed earlier in how to use google drive. here you can do the same all operations which we have discussed above.
Here we have covered how to use google drive on computers and smartphones, if you have any queries you can comment us. Now we will move to the next part Importance And Benefits of the google drive.
Importance And Benefits of the google drive
We have learned what is google drive and how to use google drive now we will learn the Importance And Benefits of the google drive there may be so many important points and benefits of google drive here we are sharing some of them.
- Free service – The first benefit of google drive is, it is a free service. Google provides google drive as a free product. Google provides us 15GB free storage to store our files and documents and this storage size is greater than any other third-party apps and services. If you have some business or you want more storage to store your files then you upgrade your storage from a free plan to other paid plans.
- Work’s in all devices – Google drive is a product that can be accessed from any device either you use a computer or laptop or Android phone or iPhone or any other device it supports all devices.
- Security – Google drive is a safe and secure service because everything is in your control you can limit who can see your drive and its files. You can check all activity in your drive. You can grant permission to others as you want to access and edit your files.
- Backups – In google drive you can create a backup of your all files so your files will be safe from any further loss.
- Send large files – If you want to send large files from Gmail so you cant send because you can send limited size files from Gmail but in google drive, you can create a shareable link of any big size file and share them.
- Access thru app – It is not necessary to use google drive from google browser you can download it for your computer or smartphone and access it from the app.
- Access third-party programs – In google drive it is not necessary to use only google products, you can access other third party programs like PDF files and other forms.
- Revisions of your files – You can revise your files in the activity section and check all your recent activity and can also access a previous version of any file or document.
- Custom URL or shareable links – You can create custom URL or shareable links of your files, media, and documents and share these links with anyone.
These were some Important points And Benefits of google drive, if you know some others share with us.
Drawback/negative point/loss/problem in using google drive
There are so many benefits and reasons for using google drive and it is so much use but it is a cloud-based storage service that means your data and files are saved on the internet or somewhere in a cloud server.
So if that server is hacked or something like that then your data and files can be accessed by any other person and misused by them. It is a common issue and this can happen with any server or with any services provider.
If you want to learn how to rank a website on google and important google ranking factors then click on the link to read that post.
Secret tricks of google drive
Earlier in how to use google drive part we have discussed all the ways of using google drive and now, we know how to use google drive but here we are going to reveal some secret tricks of google drive.
- Offline access – google drive is an online service that means if you want to access any file from google drive then you should be connected with the internet, but there is a trick from that you can access your files offline. To apply this trick go to your drive and select any file which you want to access offline, right-click on that file and find make available offline and apply. Now you can access that file offline.
- Backup of your phone – In google drive you can create a backup of your smartphone and it will be stored in the drive you can backup your contacts, call history, your phone settings, your apps, and all. Somehow if you lost your phone and buy a new phone then you can apply all these settings in your new phone and all things will work like your older one.
- Send file without download – If you want to send a file to someone then what will you do? You will download the file and then send it but in google drive, you can send any file in any third-party app without downloading it on your device. Go to drive and right-click on any file which you want to send click on the send a copy option and then select the app in which you want to send or share.
- Hide a file in drive – If you work in the office and you use the drive for office work and you have any file or presentation that you don’t want to show to your colleague then how will you hide it. Here is a trick to hide your file- go to drive and right-click on the file which you want to hide find version option click on it, now create a new version of the file and upload any other file in the new version, After uploading rename that new version of the file.
Now if anyone will open this file he will see that a new version of the file and your original file will be hidden. Whenever you want to open that original file then right-click on the new file go-to version, you will find the old version download it and your original file will open.
- Convert file type – If you have a file in PDF form then you can only read it, but if you want to edit that PDF file then you will use software or app to make it editable. In google drive, you can do this without any software or app and edit your file. Go to drive select your PDF file right-click on it and find the option of open with google docs click on it. Your file will be converted into a word document and here you can edit, delete or add any content in your file.
This was our post How to Use Google [email protected] Ultimate Guide For Free if you find this How to Use Google Drive post useful and if you have any suggestions comment us.